Place Value Emoji FUN!!!



Some days you reflect back and think...this lesson was just so-so.  I just don't know if I'll repeat this lesson next year...

NOT TODAY.  SO. NOT. TODAY.

Today was one of those awesome reflection days where I sit back and realize that I checked off all the boxes. 

Group work?  Check.
Laughter?  Check.
Lots of math practice?  Check.
Letting 5th graders color?  Check.
Students thought they were just having fun but they were actually doing tons of work? Check OH Check.

Today was Place Value Emoji Day. 

In groups, students solved an emoji's problems and brought them to me to check.  If they were correct, they colored in the emoji.  Then they had to choose their next set of emoji problems to work---but they couldn't tell me outloud which ones they wanted.  THEY HAD TO TELL ME WITH THEIR FACE.  They had to make that emoji with their face.  OH MY GOODNESS.

We have laughed.
And laughed.
And laughed.

A student came up to me at the end of class and said, "Will math class always be this awesome this year?"

Me:  "Probably!"

Student:  "Well then, I can't wait for tomorrow!!!"

Place Value Emoji. 
So much fun.
So much laughter.
So much math.

Place Value Emoji Fun...try it today with your grades 4-6 students!!!



No comments

Post a Comment